- What types of information does this web site collect?
- We collect the following types of information: web pages visited, click stream data, and other navigation information.
- Why is this web site collecting navigation information?
- We collect navigation information to facilitate web site administration and provide input to improving the web site.
- Who will receive navigation information?
- Navigation information is available only to operational staff. No third party access is allowed.
- How long will navigation information be kept and how secure is that information?
- Navigation information is kept indefinitely since we periodically back up our computer systems onto permanently stored tapes; however, we utilize the information collected only within a relatively short time period to optimize web page performance. The AirNow Data Management Center is fully committed to the maintenance of a secure web site and takes routine steps to ensure the security of our web site and the security of information obtained by or made available through the web site.
- What are my options for navigation information?
- What if I think there are inaccuracies in my information?
- The policy must state clearly: what information is being collected; the use of that information; possible third party distribution of that information; the choices available to an individual regarding collection, use and distribution of the collected information; a statement of the organization's commitment to data security; and what steps the organization takes to ensure data quality and access.
- The policy should disclose the consequences, if any, of an individual's refusal to provide information. The policy should also include a clear statement of what accountability mechanism the organization uses, including how to contact the organization.
This is the forum for the AirNow-International Community.
To access this forum you need to register by clicking the New Account link on the top right of this page. For more information on AirNow-International and the AirNow-International Community, visit us at www.airnow.gov/international.
Link to forum page: www.airnowinternationalforum.org